Friday, January 9, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes

If you've been watching the news in the past few days, you've probably heard about the crazy flooding in Washington State. Thankfully, the museum collection and Dean Hall both avoided flooding. It was scary for a while, because an irrigation ditch runs through campus and it was running higher than I had ever seen it before.
High Water, 2009
High Water, 2009
They were even sandbagging around Dean Hall.

I took those photos as I left work on Tuesday afternoon, and by Wednesday morning, the water had gone down.
Lowering water
Lowering water

I guess this kind of (near) flooding is what happens when it snows for a month and then is suddenly 50 degrees F out. I know many museums on the west side of the Cascades are still in danger from overloaded rivers, and I wish them the best of luck with their situations.

No comments: